June 8, 2011

Wow, I guess I read a few books while I wasn’t posting. I still need to update my reading list on my sidebar but I think that is going to have to wait until this weekend. It’s just too many books to get done in the small amounts of time that I have in the evenings after work. And honestly the last thing I want to do is use the computer after work. My work has been really crazy busy. And I’m still sick. This has been going on for almost two weeks now. I still have a sore throat and a cough that won’t quit. It keeps me up all night coughing so I’m exhausted all day at work.

Rex is doing much better. He got all his staples removed on Wednesday last week. He has an infection that he’s currently battling but his cone is off and he’s back to his old bag of tricks. We noticed on Saturday that the vet missed a staple when he rolled over to have his belly petted. So back to the vet we went. Thankfully, they didn’t charge us to remove the staples in the first place and didn’t charge us to have the last one removed. My poor baby, he’s so traumatized. When we went to get that last staple removed is was shaking and kept trying to make a break for the door. When they brought him back to us after the staple was removed, he half ran and half dragged the poor vet tech across the waiting room and jumped into my arms. He was so happy to see us again. And I’m so happy to see my old happy go lucky Rex coming back again.

Dixie also got sick last week. On Monday morning of Memorial day weekend, I got up to her peeing blood. Poor kid. Turns out she has an e-coli infection in her urinary tack. Now both dogs are on antibiotics. Yikes. These poor dogs.

I also got notice that I’m going to lose my job over Memorial day weekend. I should land somewhere but it won’t be with the unit I’m currently with. I’ll be honest, I got really upset when I got this notice but Hubbs pointed out that my job makes me miserable. It’s been the source of extreme amounts of stress and has made me clinically depressed in the past. So maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

So enough of the bad stuff. I finally got over to visit my Grandmother on Sunday. I gave her belated Mothers Day socks and half a pair of additional socks. I didn’t finish the second sock in time. But she loved her Tea Time socks. She said, “How did you know that I wanted new socks?” lol, um because at Christmas you picked out the pattern and said Knit these. She’s so funny. So now I’ve got to get that second sock finished ASAP for her and send her the sock and some DPN’s that she wants. Man, she’s crackin’ the whip on me!

No comments: