June 6, 2011

Book #37 of the 50 Book Challenge...







From Goodreads.com:


One day the rain just didn't stop. As the flood waters slowly rose and coastal cities and towns disappeared, some people believed it was the end of the world. Maybe they were right. But the water wasn't the worst part. Even more terrifying was what the soaking rains drove up from beneath the earth -- unimaginable creatures, writhing, burrowing...and devouring all in their path. What hope does an already-devastated mankind have against...the Conqueror Worms?



My Take:
5 out of 5 stars. This is the first book in a long time that has actually scared me. It gave me horrible nightmares after I finished the book. I couldn't put this down. I read it in two days and stayed up really late at night to finish it over memorial day weekend. It was a good thing thing that I didn't have to work the next day. I didn't turn out the light until around 2am. I never stay awake that late but I was dying to find out what happened. However after finishing the book, I still wonder what happened to Kevin and the girl after they drove away and left the old man. It's not a flaw in the book, it's just that the story is told from the old mans perspective and he doesn't know what happened to them. But still I wonder what happened to them.

No comments: