March 17, 2010

Happy Saint Patricks Day!



So I went ahead and requested 3 books from the library, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter & Pride, Prejudice and Zombies both by Seth Grahame-Smith and Candide by Voltaire. The first two aren't exactly on my list of 10 Banned but I need some reading that won't tax my brain right now. I'm still all messed up things went crazy at my house and I haven't been able to find my rhythm yet. I saw Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter at the Atlanta Airport when I was desperately trying to find something to read on the plane and was caught between that and Dean Koontz Lightening. I went with Dean Koontz because I'd read some of his stuff before and liked it and I figured it was safer to go with the known then the unknown in this case. It was a good thing I did since was sat for an hour and a half on the tarmac in Atlanta while they de-iced the plane. I don't think I'll have time to pick up my books today but I'm going to give it a shot of hitting the library tomorrow after work. I can't wait to dive into Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Should be interesting.
Back in October my office moved from a Satellite location to our headquarters office. Yesterday we found out that we are moving back to the office we came from. Seems like a terrible waste of resources to me but whatever. I just got used to working down here and riding the train into work and now I'm back to having to drive myself to work. I've gotten so spoiled here! My husband drives me to the train, I ride the train which drops me off a block and a half from the office, I walk to the office. No worries about trying to find a place to park or being late due to traffic. Now I have to drive myself! The hard part is that I don't have a car right now, so this is going to take some figuring out from Hubbs and I. But we'll make it work. The office should move in about a month. I just hope that they don't have me in charge of the move again. Last time it was a major pain in the butt and everyone second guessed me at every turn. So annoying but since the main person who did that is no longer with the unit, it shouldn't be so bad this time.

No comments: