March 15, 2010

Is it really the middle of March already? Ugh. I feel so behind in everything right now. I have two weeks worth of clean laundry piled up on my dinning room table, I still haven't photographed any of my recent finished objects, none of my current works of...art are moving a long quickly, I haven't even begun any Christmas knitting and I'm feeling totally over whelmed by the need to plan three trips.

Hubbs and I are headed to Tahoe for a couple of days for a friends wedding in April, May is a cross country trip to Atlanta that includes driving a moving van back to California with a stop in Arizona and June is a trip to see my family in Oregon. It's going to be a crazy few months. At least the Tahoe trip is going to be easy. We're taking the 5th wheel and the dogs and camping out. It's way cheaper this way and we get to take the dogs with us. Poor little beasties have been abandoned by me lately. Between work and being gone for week, I don't think they thought I was coming back. They sure stuck to me like glue for a couple of days after I got back from Alabama.

I've been making some progress on my Thermal Sweater. I finished the first sleeve and am about a third of the way through the second sleeve. I can't wait to finish it and wear it before the hot weather sets in and it's too hot. I haven't been working on anything besides the Thermal. The sleeves for the Central Park Hoodie are on hold right now. For whatever reason I'm just not feeling the vibe I need to redo them in a timely manner. I've got a pair of socks on the needles too but I need to rip them out and restart them. I think they are going to be way too small on the current needle size. Note to self: This is why we swatch! Duh!

I decided to finish my Administration of Justice degree while I was gone to Alabama. My cousin takes classes on-line from a local Junior College and after some research I discovered that they offer the classes I need to complete my degree. My last year of school, back in 2004, I had to drop two of my classes because working full time, going to school full and and trying to buy a house that was not where I lived was just too over whelming for me. So I finished the year 6 units shy of my AA. Silly me, I never looked into classes after I moved and there fore never finished. So stupid consider that 6 unit's is only 2 classes! Right now I'm planning to take one class this summer and the last class in the fall semester. So potiently I could be done with my AA by the end of the year! I'm really excited about it.

I'm saving up my money right now to get a laptop. Hubbs and I have a desk top but it's in our main living area where the kitchen and family room is. We only have 1 tv in our house so it's not fair of me to kick Hubbs outta there in order for me to be able to use the computer. My mom is giving us her wireless router so I'll be able to work from another room in the house while Hubbs is watching TV or using the desk top. This also means that we'll be able to take the computer with us on our two trips and I can study while we're gone.

About my self challenge to read The Top 10 Banned Books of all Time. I've been trying so hard to read Ulysses. I'm about 700 pages into this book and I don't understand any of it. I decided that I'm going give up on this book. I'm tired of forcing myself to try to read this book. It's just not me and I'm not enjoying it at all. All the other books I read were at least somewhat interesting if not really enjoyable so it wasn't like it was work. Reading Ulysses is work and not enjoyable at all. I think it's in my best interest to be honest with myself and admit that I'm not going to finish this book. I took it all the way to Alabama with my and back and didn't read a page. I haven't touched it since I got back almost 2 weeks ago either other then to renew it. Sorry James Joyce but I don't like your book. It's going back to the library as soon as my next book arrives.

The last book on the list is by Voltaire. I'm not sure I'm going to like this one either but I'm going to give it a shot. In the mean time I've read Lightening by Dean Koontz and The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Lightening was good! I picked it up in the Atlanta airport and almost finished it before our flight landed in Sacramento. I would have finished it but my mom was yakking a lot and I figured I better enjoy the time talking to her, I can read later. My mom lent me The Last Song. Trust me on this...Do not read this book unless you want a tear jerker. It was so sad but good. I know I won't see the move because Miley Cryus's voice is just annoying to me but the book was good.

I think that is all the latest and greatest news from The Dropped Stitch household. I'll try again to get those pictures of my finished objects and get them posted. Still trying to find my grove around here and I'm hoping that I find it soon! Have a great week everyone!

No comments: