April 5, 2010

I actually finished something! Seems like it's been a while since I finished anything.











Pattern: Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt
Yarn: Kraemer Yarns Saucon Sock in Lime
Needles: Size 2
Started: 03/27/10
Finished: 04/05/10
Mods: Didn't do the toe that the pattern had, did a standard toe. Other then that, nothing.
These are my first socks in cotton. I like the stitch definition and the color. I would use it again. Also this is the first time I've used this brand of sock yarn. I broke my resolution of not buying any sock yarn this year until I used up everything I already had in my stash but I have a good excuse! A new yarn shop opened recently in Mid-town and the hubbs and I stopped in to check it out. It's a very small shop called Fig Tree Alley and I had to support a local yarn shop! The lady running the shop was very nice and I enjoyed my visit very much. I figured one skein of sock yarn was worth buying to help keep her shop going.
I decided to move on with my Top 10 Banned Novels reading and just skip reading the book by Voltaire. I'm just not into reading anything that heavy right now. Work has been really stressful and home has been really stressful so I'm going to go on to reading something else for a while. I'm going to keep the list on the side bar in case I decide to come back to it later in the year.
I read Pride and Prejudice and Monsters and Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter and am currently reading The Long Walk, The true story of a trek to freedom by Slavomir Rawicz. Hopefully the library comes through today with a couple of more books I requested. Hubbs and I are headed off to Lake Tahoe this weekend for a friends wedding so I'm going to need some reading material and The Long Walk is almost finished.
I cast on for a new pair of socks yesterday and I'm still working on my Thermal. I'm doing the placket on the front right now and for some reason I seem to have a block on finishing this part which is why I've gone back to making socks. I still need to finish the sleeves for my Central Park Hoodie but haven't made any progress on that either. I know this weekend won't be very restful but I'm hoping for at least some down time to relax by the lake before we head back home. I have knitting that needs to be done!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

They're beautiful Lisa! I love the color and the pattern. And what a book list you have -- the 10 banned books along with your newer list make for an interesting combination LOL!