July 20, 2009

There was camping and there was knitting. But there are no pictures of either because I was too lazy to even take out my camera. But a good time was had and I'm feeling much better this week.

I cast on for another pair of socks last Thursday before we left for the camping trip, had to frog them back on Friday and re-cast on because I discovered half way down the leg that they were going to be way too small unless my sister suddenly loses weight and ends up a 50 pound pre-teen girl. Some how I doubt that's going to happen (thank goodness). I re-cast on using size 2 needles and they're going to fit much better.

This pair is going to pair #10 for the year. I think I might actually make my goal of 12 pairs of hand knitted socks for the year. I still have to finish my birthday knitting before I can start my Christmas knitting for the year. The only gift I have left to even start for birthdays is the shawl I want to do for my grandmother. But I didn't want to try to take cream yarn camping with me. For some reason I saw that ending badly. If I don't get started on it before the next camping trip, I'm planning to take it with me then. The next trip is to the ocean and the camping is a lot cleaner.

We spent the weekend at Cisco Grove near the summit of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It's about an hour west of Reno. It was much cool there then in the Sacramento Valley. Valley temps were topping out at about 104 degrees over the weekend and we were in the mid to upper 80's at camp. There was lots of talking and laughter, some dog walking and some swimming in the river near the camp ground. To say the least I'm not the brightest bulb when it comes to jumping in the river. I jumped in without a swimsuit in all my clothes only to discover that my short, when wet, were see through! Ooops! Oh well, we were among friends and I had underwear on so it wasn't like you could really see anything! LOL!

The dogs didn't really enjoy the swimming much since neither one of them are much of water dogs. Rex did jump in once and I pulled him in a second time which he didn't appreciate. I accidentally pulled him in and he wen completely under the water for a second before I grabbed him and pushed him back up onto the edge. After that he didn't trust me much for about 30 seconds. I felt bad but I had no idea that he was going to sink to the bottom of the river like a rock!!! But he's a very happy dog and went right back to running up and down the creek, sniffing every and anything he could get his nose near.

Now we're planning a trip to the ocean for next month. We're going to take a couple of extra days off and go for 5 days. I can't wait for that trip. I really need to take some time off work to recharge my batteries. I've gained back some of the weight I lost and it's really been effecting my energy level. I need to get my head straight and get back to eating the way I know I should. But I'm going to have to take some baby steps to get restarted. Step one: Log on to Sparkpeople and log my food. Step two: Plan my meals for the whole day instead of trying to figure out what I'm going to eat when I get home. By the time I get home, I'm starving and will eat any (and every) thing. The weird thing is that my work hours changed and now I get home an hour earlier then I used to. But I'm still starving when I get home. I need to to take less food to work since I'm not working as many hours so that I can have a snack when I get home.

I guess I'll have to wait and see how I do. One day & one meal at a time!

No comments: