July 25, 2009

Another finished pair of socks.


Pattern: Go With the Flow by Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Stripes
Started: 07/16/09
Finished: 07/24/09
Mods: Used a size 2 needle instead of the size 1 that the pattern called for. Also used a 1x1 rib for the top.
This is my 10th pair of knitted socks for the year. My goal was 12 pairs, 1 pair a month so it looks like I will actually be able to complete my goal! I never follow through so I'm pretty excited about it.
I cast on for pair #11 yesterday. I'm doing a basket weave pattern that I've never attempted before because it looked too hard. But it's actually pretty easy. I finished the cuff, leg, heel flap and turned the heel last night. This morning I finished the gusset and am working on the foot.

Yellow House Finch


Right now I'm watching the yellow finches (i think) eat the seeds out of the sun flowers in the garden and trying to get going. Later tonight we're off to "Midnight Mass". It's a car show of hot rods that hubby wants to check out. He's got it into his head that he wants to sell our off road truck and build himself a hot rod. Now's not the best time to try to sell a toy but he's gotten a few calls, nothing promising but we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: