June 10, 2009

My garden is finally starting to go gang busters. What a difference a couple of months makes. Unfortunately the weather is still unseasonable cold here so not everything is where it would normally be this time of year, but we're still making progress.

Full View of the garden

The carrots are up and looking good.

We got tomatoes but they're all still green. I'm already looking forward to vine ripened goodness in my salads!

The pumpkins are already getting huge! We much have 10 or 12 about this size already.

The zinnias are starting to get ready to bloom and I can't wait. Nothing says summer like a big bunch of them on my kitchen table.
The lettuce is doing great! I even got my first harvest last night. My salad was really good today, full of the pride of doing it myself.

The sunflowers are just starting to open.

Looks live even my mini lemon tree is getting into the act. I got this tree over three years ago and it has never had fruit. Fingers crossed that this is it's year!

I don't have any knitting to update you on. There has been knitting, don't get me wrong but I haven't taken any pictures. I'm about half way through the shawl I've been working on for my sister-in-law and I finished the one for my stepmom. I haven't blocked the finished one yet but am planning on doing that this weekend. Hubbs and I have no plans for a change so other then taking care of a couple of errands, I'm planning on hanging around the house, knitting, gardening and just being lazy.

Last weekend was a whirlwind of activities for both Hubbs and I. He went off with a group of friends from work and they rode Harley's down to the Yosemite area and had a bit of a boys weekend. Read that as "No Girls Allowed". Poor Hubbs, he didn't even make it out of town when his bike broke down. Thankfully it was a cheap fix and he was able to do it himself, but because the group was waiting on him he ended up taking my bike for the weekend. My poor baby was God knows where with God knows what kinda people! lol. When Hubbs got home on Sunday, I met him in the garage. I started looking over my bike as soon as he got it turned off, didn't even say hello and then asked him if she was ok! lol I gotta tease the man! After all he was riding a bike that has a personalized plate on it that makes it clear it's a woman's bike!

I went home to see my family. It's not something I really ever get to do and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold. I spent most of the morning driving there with the doggies and as soon as I arrived it was back in the car. My mom wanted me to go down to her job and meet all her friends and then off we went to Calistoga to my grandmothers friends yarn shop. The shop, Calistoga Yarns is very tiny and part of the ladies home but very warm and friendly. I spent most of the day hanging around with Granny and then we met up with my sister and her boyfriend for dinner. My Cousin also met us for dinner and we ate fish and chips at the Silverado Brewery. The food was really good even if they were lacking in customer service. All and all it was a good trip.

No comments: