June 12, 2009

Finally! Some completed knitting. I know this started out as a knitting blog and has morphed into some knitting, some gardening and some general life. But the knitting is back. It's not that I haven't been knitting, I have. It's just taken me more time to complete projects because I've been working on some bigger stuff.

I've been working on a shawl for my Stepmom for her birthday next month. I finally finished it today including blocking.


Pattern: Weekender Lace Wripa by Lisa Dykstra
Yarn: Knit Picks gloss in Woodland Sage
Start date: 04/26/2009 Finished: 06/13/2009

I'm currently blocking the same shawl in black for my Sister-in-Laws Birthday. This pattern was so easy to memorize I want to make a third one for myself. But I'm currently on a roll for birthday projects and I cast on a scarf for my Mother-in-law's birthday. Thankfully her birthday isn't until November so I have plenty of time to get it done. However, I also have a sister and a mother with up coming birthdays. Some times I wish that I didn't have a thing about buying gifts and could just go to the store and buy them something. But handmade gifts are just some much more personal.

For Mother-in-law's Birthday:

Pattern: Lace Trimmed Scarf by Katherine Hunt, Yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style in Hollyberry, Started: 06/13/2009

Soon as the blocking is finished on the second shawl for my Sister-in-law, I'll be sure to post pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to get the one for my Stepmom in the mail this week. I still haven't sent her her mothers day card and I need to get my dad's fathers day card in the mail to him too. So much to do and so few days to get it all done.

No comments: