March 31, 2009

I haven't been doing much knitting for the last couple of weeks. I'm too tired in the evening to focus on the pattern and have been having to pick out stitches over and over again. Not fun. I finally picked up the sock that I started a few weeks ago and worked on it some yesterday morning before I started work. I've finished the leg, heel flap and finished the gusset yesterday morning. My goal for the year is 12 pairs of socks and this is #7 for 2009. I think I might have burned myself out a bit in the sock department. Not surprising. I tend to do this.

With March basically over, I need to start thinking about Birthday gifts and Christmas gifts. I know that I'm going to make my mother-in-law a scarf that she requested for her birthday but as of yet I haven't picked out any yarn or even a color. My MIL is a blonde with very fair skin, so I'll have to be sure to get something that will not blend in with her skin tone. I tend to lean toward very neutral colors for myself because I like things that will go with anything and I hate to stand out in a crowd. I'm all about blending in. But for my MIL I'm thinking about a Red. I really need to add the information from the pattern to my "Note Book of Fun" so I have the information with me when I head into yarn shops like I did last weekend. Naturally I bought myself some sock yarn but didn't even have a passing thought for yarn for MIL's scarf. Gotta get on that. Thankfully I have until the middle of November to make a decision, get the yarn and knit the dang thing.

Most of the Birthdays in my family fall toward the end of the year. My FIL is in June. My Step-mom is in July. Hubby and my dad share the same birthday in August. My sister and my mom are two days apart in October. SIL and MIL are two days apart in November. And my Grandmother and my husbands Nephew are both in December, about 10 days a part. It's a lot in a very short amount of time. And unfortunately it's all up to me to handle. Thankfully, both sides of the family are very easy going and are happy with anything you give them.

As of right now, I have no idea what I'm going to do for anyone other then my MIL. I'm sure it will come to me but I need to be on the look out for good gifts.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Our family birthdays are all clustered like that too. It's crazy!