February 13, 2009

Caution: Picture Heavy Post
Wednesday on my way home from work I saw the most bright and beautiful rainbow. I know it's not the best picture with all the wires in the way but what do you want for a picture taken through the windshield of my car?

For my birthday my Grammie and my sister came over. I had to grab this picture of my dog snuggling with my Grammie. I had to crack up watching him try to get all the love he could possibly soak up in one day.


I'd been working on these place mats and table runner for my in-laws. I was able to finish them last weekend before my in-laws came over for dinner on Sunday. I finished quilting them on Saturday at noon and then spent the next 7 hours getting the binding done. I'm sure I could have done it in less time but since I was under the weather a bit, I'm using that as my excuse. I used a pattern called Lumiere by Pressed for Time Quiltworks. Most of the fabric was from my stash.

Yesterday, I spent the majority of the morning cleaning the house from top to bottom. It hadn't been done in almost two weeks and it needed it. Poor kitty really needed her box cleaned. But once that was done I was able to work on quilting with no guilt at all. I chose the above fabric's over a year a go and just hadn't had the time to work on the project. I got it all cut out and pieced the entire top in just one afternoon. It's 34.5" square and is a Quilt-in-a-Day pattern called Shining Stars by Patricia Knoechel.


Of course there is no quilting done unless there's a kitty in the middle of your fabric.
Finished! I started working on this around 1pm and finished about 6. The picture really doesn't do the colors much justice but it turned out really good.

Since I finished Shining Stars I need something new to sew. A couple of Christmases ago my mom gave me this really nice kit with 30's reproductions in it. It came with a pattern From Atkinson Designs called Confetti Stars. Again, I hadn't started this one either because I just did not have the time but since I just got my machine back from being cleaned, I figure now is a good time to sew the heck outta out it! I washed the fabric last night and pressed it this morning. I'm planning on doing the cutting today.

Now, I know you're dying to know how my knitting's been going. I'd been working on a pair of socks for the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry. I finished them on Wednesday and still need to post up my results in the group.

So with Brigit done, I need a new sock project to work on while I'm watching TV. I tried watching TV without anything to do and it was only about 10 min's before I was on Ravelry looking for another sock pattern.

I found Naive Socks (This Must Be The Socks) by SpillyJane. I'm using Patons Kroy Socks Stripes.

So that's it for now. I'm off to the sewing room to start on Confetti Stars! Hopefully I'll get plenty done while Hubbs is at work today.

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Very nice work on the quilting and the socks. You should think about doing aprons with your new fabric and sell them on Etsy (it's an online e-store where people sell handmade goods).

Baylee and Blair's page said...

You are SO talented! Do you sell your socks? I would love to buy some if you do!

Hugs - Tiff