October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap...Sorta

This is what happens when you let your husband do the chores!

So yes, we did some chores around the house over the weekend. But since I also had Thursday and Friday off of work we also did some fun stuff too. I spent most of Thursday at the Subaru dealer getting the Outback serviced. Nothing major just needed an oil change and have it's tires rotated. There was also a couple of recall notices on it that needed to be taken care of, again nothing major but since I was there might as well get it taken care of.

Friday, Hubbs and I went up to Volcano and checked out Indian Grinding Rock State Park. It was pretty neat. Post and pictures to follow on that adventure. We also drove down to Manteca from Volcano on the back roads to check out a couple of new 5th wheels at a dealer there. We're not buying anything right now but Hubbs is considering it. I enjoyed the drive on the back roads. We decided that Walnuts are king in that part of the central valley. But we also so lots of cherry, almonds and peach trees too. Plus the weather was perfect for driving with the windows down and really enjoying the fall weather.

Saturday we decided to take a run to Reno. The plan was to leave early on Saturday morning but we didn't get up and going until later. I haven't been sleeping much lately so when I get up in the morning I'm really groggy and have a hard time getting going. The plan was to hit Jimmy Beans Wool at their new location and then Schells and the Cabelas on the way out of town. We didn't get to Jimmy Beans until almost 1pm, so I just did a quick in and out. I picked up a couple skeins of sock yarn to knit my Gram a couple of pairs of socks for Christmas. I got one skein of Cascade Heritage in a beautiful read and one skein of Madeline Tosh Sock in a purple color. Pics to follow on those too.

After Jimmy Beans we had a quick lunch on the fly at Quizno's. Neither one of us had eaten there before so it was fun to try something new. Then we hit Schells. Let me tell you, it was the biggest sporting goods store that I have ever been in. It had huge fish tanks that you walked through and a ferris wheel in the middle of the store. It was also two stories! It was truly amazing. However, we didn't buy a single thing there. But we did spend several hours just wandering around looking at all the stuff. I would like to go back again sometime when I have money to spend. It was really cool.

On the way out of town we hit Cabellas for Hubbs, all your hunting and fishing needs under one roof. I got an amazing wool jacket with a hood (pictures to follow on that too, I was too tired to take pictures yesterday). Hubbs got a nice shirt and a new baseball cap, because you have to have a clean, fancy going-to-town ball cap. lol

We didn't get home until pretty late so we decided to hit McDonalds for dinner, something we never do. I don't know what was going on last night but the line was super long and not moving so we opted for Carls Jr instead.

After such a busy couple of days, we decided to take it easy and spend most of Sunday at home. We only ventured out for a joint Walmart/grocery store trip. I did loads and loads of laundry and set up the crock pot for chicken taco stew for tonight's dinner. We also watched tons and tons of football. But more importantly Sunday evening was the season premier of one of my favorite shows, The Walking Dead! Love it! I can't wait for next week!

No comments: