October 20, 2011

Christmas Knitting

It's getting to be that time of year where I need to think about my Christmas knitting. Normally this is one at the beginning of the year and worked all year long. But this year I didn't make any plans and barely knitted for myself. Not sure why but I just didn't knit like I did in 2010.

But that aside, it's time for me to start the Christmas knitting. I have Pyroclastic in the works for my grandmother and a second pair of socks planned for her as well. I'm planning to block Almost Ovals (I know it's been done for a month but I still haven't blocked it) and giving it to my mom. But I still need gifts for my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and my older sister. Not to mention something for my extra mom (I hate calling her stepmother, she's so much more then that) and my baby sister. Also I need something for my dad, my nephew and my father-in-law. I'm not sure if I'm going to knit for the men or not.

Here's what I'm thinking for my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. I didn't knit or sew for them last year and comments were made. Oops. For my mother-in-law I'm thinking Saroyan by Liz Abinante. It's a really beautiful scarf with an unusual leaf edging. It's been in my cure for a long time and I think this is a perfect opportunity to knit something that I've been wanting to knit but haven't got around to.



Photo by by Feministy


I love the leaf edging, makes a very wearable item so beautiful.




Photo by by Feministy





As far as choosing a color and a yarn for this project, I'm trying to keep things on the cheap side this year. Well, not so much cheap as inexpensive. I chose Knitpicks Merino Style in the colorway Storm. My mother-in-law is a blond with beautiful blue eyes, so this should be lovely on her.




For my sister-in-law I'm thinking of Lubov Scarf by Grumperina from the Brave New Knits book. I bought it a few weeks ago and haven't knit anything from it yet.

I love the lace work on this scarf. My sister-in-law has a big personality and I think this would look lovely on her.



I love the lace pattern and the fact that it's knit in one piece and not grafted in the middle.



I've chosen Stroll Glimmer from Knitpicks in the Runway colorway. My sister-in-law has a black pea coat that will really make this color pop.




Now that I've decided on at least two more gifts I have to find time to knit them.

No comments: