June 6, 2010

Hoooooweee! What a trip! We took a week off of work to spend in Oregon with my family. I haven't been up to my dad's house since before Hubbs and I bought our house 6 years ago. I guess I was over due for going up. We left on Saturday morning and headed up. We had great weather going up, blue sky's all the way. Cinder cone north of Mt. Shasta.

Mt. Shasta. The snow was so beautiful with all the green trees around it.

Sunday afternoon we skipped some rocks on the Rouge River. Hubbs skipped the furthest by a long shot. Got one all the way across the river.


We took a Jet boat ride on Sunday evening. This boat can travel in 6 inches of water!

It was dinner cruise and we got to have an all you can eat chicken and ribs dinner at their lodge. We really enjoyed the dinner and we all ate way more then we should have.

Tuesday we went fishing. I caught the most fish and the biggest fish!

All but two of these fish. Best fishing day I've had in a long time. Normally I don't catch anything.

Wednesday we headed up to see Crater Lake. It was all fogged in and we didn't get to see it at all but on the way back we stopped to see the Rouge River Gorge. 144,000 gallons of water passes through here each min!

It rained the entire time we were at the gorge but we didn't let it dampen our spirits!

Hubbs and my baby sister gave each other a hard time the entire time we were there. I can't believe that she's 14 already.

Thursday my dad gave us a tractor driving lesson. He sure loves that tractor, just look at that grin.

The wild flowers were beautiful while we were there. The rodadengens were blooming but we just missed the peak of the season.

For some reason I've been taking a lot of pictures of bees lately. My dad had Mexican Sage all over his property and the bees just loved it.
Our trip was really wonderful. It was over too fast. We're home now but I'm already looking forward to our next trip. I can't wait to go back.

No comments: