October 20, 2009

Ugh. I ran out of yarn. My February Lady Sweater was coming a long nicely and then...I ran out of yarn. I finished the first sleeve over the weekend but the second one is only a couple of inches long. I need to order one more skein of yarn to finish it. So sad. I haven't ordered the yarn yet because I just know that as soon as I do I will decide that I want some additional yarn and will have to pay shipping for two orders.

My Central Park Hoodie is still stalled. I just need to block the finished pieces so that I can seam them together so that I can pick up the stitches for the hood and move forward on that one and hopefully complete it before Christmas but right now it's looking a smidge hopeless that I will meet my Christmas deadline.

So that's two projects stalled. I have the yarn to cast on for Celeste from French Girl Knits by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes. I chose Shadow Kettle Dyed Lace Yarn from Knit Pick in Grasshopper for this project. But right now I seem to be stalled on this one too. Is started swatching for it on Sunday but I'm really intimidated by the project right now. It's lace weight yarn on big needles and that makes it a bit difficult for me to knit because the needle points are very dull and it's hard to slip the needle in to knit, at least for me. I think I have huge clumsy hands or something. I'd really like to start moving forward on this one too but I just seem stuck.

Of course since I'm stalled on three projects and am not actively knitting on any project my fingers are dying to cast on for something that I can work on right now. I bought Knit Scene last night and Custom Knits by Wendy Brenard. Oh my gosh, if you haven't picked up either of these you really should. Custom Knits has tons of great sweaters and Knit Scene is a great magazine. I think it's even published by Interweave Knits or is part of the same company. It has tons of great stuff too. All of it makes me want to knit even more. I'm going to have to try and show some restraint and only do one thing at a time. I still need to do the finishing work on the scarf that I knitted for my Mother-in-law for her birthday next month. Not to mention the fact that Christmas is right around the corner and I still don't have gifts for everyone. Yikes!

No comments: