October 11, 2009

We finally got another chance to do a little camping over the weekend. We headed about 2 hours North to Collins Lake. The weather was perfect, so perfect it was very hard to believe that it was almost the middle of October. There was a nice cool breeze during the day and the temps were in the mid-80's. The evenings were so mild that I only needed a light sweater the first night and none the second night.


Home Sweet Home (away from home)

The lake from our campsite

I did a little fishing but never caught anything.

Hubby with his prize catch, a piece of a bucket

I did a little knitting on my February Lady Sweater.

Hubby was so proud of his truck, it pulled out little trailer with no problems at all

The boys had a couple of beers

Hubbs and I enjoyed a snuggle

Even the sunrise was beautiful there
Who wouldn't want this view?
There was doggy love
There was bun stealing squirrels
And dogs on the look out.
On the way home, we stopped for a closer look at a rice paddy

I eat rice and I know how it's grown, but I had no idea what it looked like on the plant

It was a great trip and I'm ready to go again. Too bad I haven't won the lottery or found out about some long lost relative that wants to give me a ton of money so I can travel and never have to work again. If you know my long lost relative...send'em my way! lol

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

Looks like a fun trip! And check out that rice shot - love it.