April 8, 2009

The Market Bag is finished!! What a quick knit. Very easy and I'm sure that I will be the most stylish person at the farmers market this summer. This sucker is big. I'm going to be able to bring home a metric ton of fresh locally grown veggies and fruit! I'm stoked! When do the farmers markets open?! Is there one open now?!!! (It's official, I've lost my mind)Pattern: Fantasy Naturale Market Bag by JoAnne Turcotte
Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream Solid
Color: Corn Flower (Blue)
Cast on: 04/05/09
Finished: 04/07/09

So I had a ton of yarn left over from the market bag, so I cast on for a soap bag. Apparently, it's a little bag that you put your soap slivers into so that they last longer. I'm about 1/3 of the way done on it and I'm sure I'll have an update on it soon.

I really have enough yarn left over that I could do a second bag. I'm thinking it might be a fun gift idea for my mother-in-law. She likes going to farmers markets too. Hmm, might want to invite her to go with me some time. She's always asking to do things with me. She's such a sweet lady and I couldn't have asked for a better MIL. But if I'm going to make another one for her, I think I'd want a different color so we don't grab the wrong bag.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That is really beautiful! I wish I had the patience (and time) to do something like that.