May 1, 2009

Since it's pouring down rain here (again) I don't have any garden pictures to show. But I did grab a bunch of oregano, chives and Sage from the garden the other day and now there in a vase on my dining room table. They make a lovely center piece and since I got them all for free, they're cheap! Not to mention how pretty they are and my house smells really good now.
The bloom on the chives is just beautiful.
The garden is coming along wonderful now. All the sunflowers, zinnias and morning glories are up. The Pumpkin is putting on new leaves like crazy and the watermelon is waiting for warmer weather before it makes it's move. Two weeks ago I planted lettuce, basil, carrots and pole beans. The beans came up last Monday and are making great progress. The carrots just started poking their heads up yesterday. I'm still waiting on the basil and the lettuce. If they don't make an appearance soon, I'm going to have to head off to the nursery and get some basil if my grand plan of fresh pesto is going to become reality. I'm hoping that the lettuce don't disappoint. I need some home grown greens to supplement my lettuce habit.
And now for some knitting. I've been working on a shawl from my step-mom for her birthday in July. It's a really simple pattern and is coming along nicely.


Pattern: Weekender Lace Wrap by Lisa Dykstra
Yarn: Knit Picks gloss in Woodland Sage
Start date: 04/26/2009
Her birthday is in July and I'm hoping to have it finished a few weeks in advance so that I can ensure that it gets to her on time.

No comments: