May 20, 2009

For whatever reason, my work decided to block Blogger and Flickr for a few days and I wasn't able to update like I wanted to. Blogging at home is kinda tricky because Hubbs likes to ask every few min's what I'm doing and I tend to lose my train of thought (which isn't all that steady to begin with). Not much is new on my front lately. I did have a very nasty case of food poisoning a couple of weeks ago that left me praying for death for over a week. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. But I'm mostly recovered now except for being overly tired everyday after work. Not taking a nap around 6pm has become a fight but I did manage to make it to 9pm before heading off to bead last night.

While I was down with the food poisoning I wasn't able to knit at all because I couldn't sit up without vomiting so I haven't finished the shawl for my stepmom's birthday yet. I really need to get going on it this weekend because her birthday is coming up in July and I want it on it's way to her before June 23rd. I still have a month to go but I'm hoping that I can finish it this weekend since it's a long weekend and I won't be interrupted on Friday while Hubbs is a work.

The gardening is really coming a long. Everything has come up and is growing like mad. I put up poles for the beans to grow up and the pumpkin is trying to take over everything. It's got a lot of blooms on it and should have a couple of nice pumpkins for Halloween. The watermelon is finally starting to grow. I think it was waiting for the hot weather to start kicking in before it committed to growing. I'm hoping that it will have some melon's on it before too long.

I have a bit of work to do in the front garden this weekend but not much. I pulled up the old snapdragons that have been under the rose bush for the last 3 years. They've really started to look sickly in the last couple of weeks and I was able to find some at the Home Depot last weekend to replace the old ones. I need to get them in the ground before they decide to up and die on me while I'm busy doing other things. And of course there are always a million other things I need to do.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. That sounds terrible! I'm glad you're on the mend. :-)